The AMPLE-X1 is a power card implemented using a single-phase step-down buck converter. It is optimized for operating from a 12V power supply but can work with down to 4.5V input. It achieves up to 91.7% efficiency and the parameters can be monitored and controlled digitally by connecting it to EVC2.
- Output voltage 0.6-5.0 V (default 1.0V, adjustable through I2C)
- Input voltage from 4.5 V up to 14 V
- Max output current 45A. Active cooling may be required to achieve high output current. Without active cooling max current is about 20-30A depending on the output voltage.
- Efficiency up to 91.7% (2.5 V, 15 A, 600 KHz)
- Switching frequency selectable between 300 KHz and 1500 KHz
- OVP, OCP (52A) and OTP (Tj = 125*C)
- Can be monitored and adjusted using I2c
- Ships with a PCIE 6-pin power connector which can be soldered on by the user
- PMIC Vishay SiC450
- AMPLE-X1 PCB
- 2x Cu heatsink 20x20x4 mm
- 2x thermal pad 10x10x0.5 mm
- 3-pin I2C cable
- 6-pin PCI-E power connector